Th Ribadu debate (between colonialism & corruption) II

To:
FOIcoalition@yahoogroups.com
Dear Osita,
People die for diverse causes and curses, for heroes, for "heroes", as heroes or if not, they still die anyway. Thus I will not begrudge you of your readiness to die for Ribadu...but I would pray fervently as led by the spirit that dieing for Ribadu will not be your portion in the forthcoming year in Amadioha's name...ise.

It is also bad enough that you averred that forces of darkness stopped St.Ribadu in his libertador's walk in the light of truth....that -pardoning my opinionated garnishing as well-, is your view.

However, for you to willy nilly say, without any "C" caution whatsoever that "corruption in Nigeria is worse than colonialism" ...! This is not just simply a case of comparing apples and oranges, it smacks of a totally ahistoricist analysis that does the utmost of violence to the real heroes and martyrs Nigeria had...in its fight for "Self Government Now". I pray that the 21 workers murdered at Iva Valley for example will not curse you from their graves for such a flippant, ribaduist-support buoyed disservice to their memories and our collective history.

Regards,
BA


Dear Pastor
Innocent
You
probably don’t know this but my first contribution on this
forum was a reaction to Segun Adeniyi’s statement in
January claiming that Ribadu should shoulder the blame for
his removal as EFCC Chairman for purportedly blackmailing
the Presidency.
I have
never met Nuhu Ribadu, in fact I have never seen the man in
person, but I think the world of him and will defend him
with my life. Corruption in Nigeria is worse than
colonialism and Ribadu could have liberated Nigeria from
corruption if the forces of darkness had not stopped him
with the acquiescence and conniving silence of the rest of
us. So I consider Ribadu the greatest Nigerian ever and I
make no apologies for that.
I had to
apologise on one occasion for my use of words in describing
people that attacked Ribadu unfairly on this list serve but
does that mean that I will ‘tolerate’ your comparison of
him to a personification of evil like El Mustapha?
You made
the comparison in the exercise of your right to freedom of
expression and I responded in the exercise of my own right.
If you consider my contribution defamatory you know what to
do, which is what Ribadu will be entitled to do if he was to
feel strongly about your comparison of him to El Mustapha. I
do not consider tolerance and discipline to be germane to
the issue.
Incidentally, when I
referred to "real pastors" in relation to your
‘morality is not law’ argument I was alluding to the
fact that that legal positivism school of jurisprudence was
championed by philosophers like Jeremy Bentham who were
suspicious of religion whilst the opposing natural law school of
jurisprudence was led by religious figures most notably
Bishop Augustine of Hippo and St Thomas Aquinas, who were
also lawyers like you.
But then
if it is the God that placed James Ibori in authority in
your home state, and placed the likes of Hitler and Abacha
in power that made you a pastor then more grease to your
elbow!
With
pastors like you standing the scriptures on their head in
order to support whichever government is in power, is it any
wonder that our thoroughly religious compatriots are still
emasculated and powerless in the face of bad and immoral
governments?
Osita

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trade unionism and trades unions; an introductory perspective

On neoliberal globalization 1

Tools and skills for trade unions’ engagement with the state’s policy cycle process